Monday, July 7, 2008

Too Hot to Knit?

It is supposed to be 105 degrees here in Fresno today. I think we are going into a heat wave. Usually I love the heat, and it doesn't inhibit my knitting or crocheting for that matter. In the Central Valley, we are lucky enough to have dry heat. Which makes the heat more tolerable. But today it is muggy and the air is thick with smoke. I don't know how many fires we currently have going on in California, one article says 300. Not good for the air quality in Fresno.

So I am not only hot but sticky too. Makes for unpleasant knitting.



I am thinking about starting a set of socks. I have crocheted quite a few, but never knit. I am not a big fan of dps, so I am thinking about doing magic loop. I am going to do toe up because I have gigantic feet, and I don't want to run out of yarn. I think I am going to a short row toe. Quiet honestly, I have never done short rows, and I don't know what other types of toes there are. I am sure there are others. But I have a pattern that calls for short rows and my lovely friend Liz showed me a wrap and turn. Which is not at all what I expected it to be, but what ever.

I need to get 40 inch circular 0's and double 0's. I'll have to go to the yarn shop tomorrow.

No comments: