Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Berkeley Here We Come

I am so excited, some of my buddies and I are going on a road trip tomorrow. We are going to cruise up to the bay area to visit Lacy's, Article Pract, and Stash. I wonder if we could stop in Elk Grove on the way home to visit Knitique. Funny thing, my aunt lives in Elk Grove and I am up there fairly often and yet I have never been to Knitique. Crazy!

I wonder which projects I should take with me. I currently have 7 active projects, but I don't want to take too many. I need to have plenty of room for bringing back goodies. Oh, and I hope it is not going to be smokie up there too. I really need some fresh air to breath.

Remember how I said I had a toe. Well...


I have big feet. I was following the pattern for the largest size, and I guess it just was not big enough. Cause you know that toe I showed you?


It was supposed to fit over all of my toes, not just my big toe. Oops. I was then supposed to continue in the round until it was the proper length. Well, that just wasn't going to work. So I measured my gauge, measured my foot and figured out how many stitches I would need to have to fit around my foot. 80, I had 57. That is a big difference. Like a 2 1/5 inches difference. As much as I would like to believe that my feet are smaller than they are, it just was not going to work. And I really wanted to keep these for myself. Unlike the last pair that I crocheted last year that became a Christmas present for my sister in-law.

So, out it came. Thankfully I am really enjoying the short row toe. It is just so neat. Now to cast on 40 stitches.

No comments: