Saturday, July 25, 2009

Knitting Dyeing & Massaging Oh My!

This has been quite a week. I have put off knitting on Beatrice, yup we have a name congratulations Ikkinlala!, to create a bunch of sock samples for Sock Summit. In the last 8 days I have knit 5 socks in my spare time: sea cell & merino, superfine alpaca & merino, corriedale, camel & silk, soybean & alpaca.

I have also dyed a few hundred skeins for Sock Summit. Including our submitions for Dye for Glory. I am super proud of the entries, they came out so beautifully.

Ode to the sock was inspired by the colors in the Sock Summit logo, and I don't believe it could have come out more perfectly.

The people putting on the Sock Summit have put their heart and souls into this event and I am so proud to be a part of it.

My next submission is in honor of all of the knitting beer drinkers, and especially Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Some days beer o'clock just can't come fast enough!


My final submission is in honor of the pursuit of the true red. 1 red shoe is named after my friend Becky's little red Miata. A true red is quite difficult to create, and I am happy to announce I have done it. If you think red is hard to dye, it is even harder to photograph. You will have to come out to the Sock Summit to see just how fab this red really is.

In between all of the dyeing and knitting I also need to pay attention to my other business. I saw more massage clients this week than I have in a long time. I guess when it rains it pours. I am so lucky to have two wonderful businesses that I absolutely love doing. I think the best part of my massage side of life is helping people function better. The majority of people that see me have chronic headaches, numbness issues, or loss of strength. It is incredibly rewarding to watch their symptoms slowly vanish.

Have a wonderful weekend!

eta: Oh & I forgot to mention, Go Vote!

http://www.ravelry.com/socksummit

There are over 200 wonderful submittions. You can find the Anzula submissions in the Kettled, Dipped and Random Stripes categories.

















1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love all three of your submissions and hope to buy at least one of each at sock summit. Good job.