1. Listen to your yarn. Sometimes, you want to make something work, but the yarn just doesn’t want to cooperate. That is ok. Listen to the yarn & try something different.
2. Don’t be afraid to rip.
3. Play- sometimes the best creations come from just fooling around.
4. Try new techniques. Trying something new can cause you to think outside of the box, which can lead to a new design element.
5. Try new materials. Different fibers will speak to you differently. As will different needles.
6. Write it down. You really won’t remember it later.
7. Keep a notebook to put all your ideas in.
8. Use pencil when charting by hand.
9. Remember there are no rules, there are no knitting police.