Friday, July 18, 2008

Treasure

We had a blast in the East Bay. Our first stop was Article Pract, and I got these.

Vintage buttons for Mr. Greenjeans and

a Lucy Lu Slide box for notions. I think it is a little entertaining that I will be using it to store notions because on the bottom it says "NOT Notions"

I also bought a really beautiful silk hank of Claudia's Hand Painted Lace. It tried to go live with Sue, but thankfully Sue has plenty of her own lace and sent it back home to me. It is in time out for running away, so I can't show you a photo.

We went to my favorite Thai restaurant for lunch, Lucky House on University. The scallops were so buttery good. Mmm, it makes me want to go back right now. Once we were fat and happy and after we got our geek on at the game shop, we went over to Laci's. Oh was the lace beautiful.
There I bought
beautiful cashmere and merino lace.
super soft wool laceand a bone crochet hook. Size O, I have never seen a size O. I can't wait to use it. Liz and Sue educated me about different methods of lace making and we convinced Sue to buy 00000000 knitting needles. That is 8 zeros, they are made out of piano wire. Crazy!

After Laci's we went up to Stash on Solono Ave. They had so much beautiful yarn and a great selection of books. I have to admit I went a little overboard with the books, but what are you going to do. At least I am going to give them a good home. If you want to see what books I got/have you can check out my library on ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/people/anzula/library (sorry I don't know how to make links yet)

Thankfully I saw the books after the yarn. This is what came home with me.
Yes, that is all lace. I think I may have a problem.

No comments: